£64.95. Each annual batch is unique, drawn from US & Spanish oak hogsheads & butts. Some seasoned with Oloroso & others with PX.
All have been sherry-aged through their full maturation. NCF & NC.
- This is the only whisky in @cotswoldistill’s Cask Expressions Range that has been blended across cask types.
- Malt: Odyssey, grown entirely on Cotswolds farms and traditionally floor-malted at Warminster Maltings.
- Yeast: Two complementary varieties – Anchor and Fermentis – to ensure good yields and excellent fruity flavours.
- Water: Village water supply – filtered, softened and demineralised before use.
- Wood: American and Spanish oak hogsheads and butts, seasoned with Oloroso and Pedro Ximénez sherry.
Appearance: Autumn leaf auburn. Jagged swirl line and corrugated oily coating with medium legs.
Nose: Nose: Jammy dodgers on steroids. Malt and wheat, sweat (almost smokey) meats, a lovely wave of ABV goodness too. Such a great nose, could sniff this all evening! It reminds me of a Zoom lolly actually. Orange zest and Christmas spice too.
Palate: Huge wave of zingy sweetness, rich berry fruits and thick honey. It’s full-on flavour! There’s a heat that lingers and only shows after the other sweeter flavours have gone. This time I get the chilli heat, albeit mild chilli.
Finish: The finish for me is the mix of the sharp sweetness, like fruit concentrate, and the mild chilli heat. Medium/long and leaving you wanting more!
Overall: It’s one of my favourites. I love its uncompromising full-on flavour and balance of sweet and spice. The dark berry sweetness for me is such a great note that makes this what it is, awesome.