Whether you’re asking yourself ‘where can I buy whisky at auction?’ ‘where can I buy bourbon at auction?’ or ‘what are the best whisky auction sites?’, look no further. Below are the main whisky and whiskey auction sites to explore and maybe grab a bargain or unicorn whisky.
If you’re after a bargain or a hard-to-find bottle of whiskey, then auction sites might be worth a look. Care should be taken on such sites and knowing a few simple rules will keep you from spending too much:
- Set and stick to a budget
- Research what prices your target whiskey is sold for on other sites. You’ll be surprised how many people bid way above the price they can get a bottle for elsewhere!
- Remember that you have to add postage and the auction fee to the ‘hammer price’. Make sure you are aware of these fees
- Don’t bid too early, this might prematurely push the price up
- Never bid simply to win the auction for your ego. Use your head and know when to quit.
For a more detailed guide, please read ‘Whiskey auctions explained’.
Below is a list of popular whiskey auction sites for you to try your luck.
- Whiskey Auctioneer
- Scotch Whisky Auctions
- Whisky Hammer
- Just Whiskey
- Global Whisky Auctions
- Whisky Online
- Celtic Whisky Auctions
- The Grand Whisky Auction
- The Whisky Shop Auctions
- Speyside Whisky Auctions
- Whisky Galore (‘auction alternative’)
- European Whisky Auctions
- Whisky Auctions Edinburgh
- Whisky Bull Auctions
- Lyon & Turnbull
- Irish Whiskey Auctions
- Whiskey Bidders
- Liquid Whisky (‘auction alternative’)
- 1818 Auctioneers